Overclock a 98

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by N80, Nov 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N80

N80 Private E-2

:eek: Can someone plz give me step by step instructions of how to overclock a windows 98:eek:

2. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

Windows 98, like Windows XP, is an operating system. You overclock processors, not operating systems. Your computer's motherboard must have settings in its BIOS that allow you to adjust timings in order to make the processor perform at faster than its rated speed-- something that not all motherboards allow.

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Why like this, of course!
    [​IMG]

Seriously though, READ THIS. If you don't know what you're doing (which you apparently don't) you will probably blow up your computer.

4. Sailor

Sailor First Sergeant

it would be good to install a monitoring utillity that will shut the PC down if the temperatures reach dangerous levels, before the system gets fried. I don't know if the one I use is compatible to win98 and your mo/bo

5. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Usually that sort of feature is highly motherboard specific. A lot of modern motherboards have thermal protection which are totally OS independant - but only a few of them have applications to let you view temperatures on more than windows xp.

6. yeeha

yeeha Private First Class

Desktop? I don't have a desktop!

7. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

8. insamaic

insamaic Guest

That was random. :confused:

9. N80

N80 Private E-2

Thx everyone!

10. Sailor

Sailor First Sergeant

You overclocked? How did it go?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds