overclock a Emachine T6410

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bassman_Soundking, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Bassman_Soundking

Bassman_Soundking Private E-2

I have Emachine T6410, and want to overclock it to play some games. I bought more ram, better sound and vid cards and want to speed up pc now.I am building a new pc one step at a time, ($$$$) so this is until I can do that. I am not a pc noob, but have never done anything like this b4. I dl the prog cfufsb, andf it seems my PLL is not listed nor is my mb. any help would be appreciated.
    And athalon 64 3200+
    1.5gb ddr 400
    Msi Rs480M

any other info needed just ask thankx

2. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

You may not be able to OC at all.

Go into the BIOS and see if you can change any cpu speeds, (the FSB).

If so. then follow this guide. (Use SpeedFan to monitor temps, make sure they dont go above the 65C mark)

3. Bassman_Soundking

I am going to try ti now, thanx

4. Bassman_Soundking

no options in bios, and softfsb and clockgen dont list my pll. I guess my pc is stuck at 2.19 ghz.....

5. Bassman_Soundking

i have heard of installing a new bios,is this an option for me?

6. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

Sorry, i have had a look but can't find a thing.

Guess you are stuck at stock for now. :(

7. Bassman_Soundking

Hey thanx for trying anyway. I am planning a new build when money is right.

8. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

Righto, just post your budget and requirements on here when you are ready and we will help make your cash go further. :)

9. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

eMachines sometimes use motherboards from asus and similar motherboard makers, but instead of making them proprietary motherboards they simply put there stickers on them and don't use various components.. My moms system was an eMachine and it had an oem asus mobo in it minus 2 DDR slots (you can see where the other two go, but the slots were never soldered on). I flashed it with the asus bios and BAM all the asus goodness was unlocked. Worth a look. :)

10. Bassman_Soundking

I am buying one component at a time, its the only way I can do it. So Basically a whole new computer. I want to use what I have till it gets into the new case I will get.
    So far I just bought an XFX Gefeorce GTS 250 1GB card, and am going to buy a pus 2morrow. Maybe next month I will get a new mb. Month after that the cpu to go with. Month after that the ram. After that the case and what ever else needed to finish it.
    My budget is low. I want a future proof system. I know that isnt possible, but at least to be cool for a few years b4 it is out of date and games wont play ....like now.

11. Bassman_Soundking

If you know of any lt me know. I dont know enough to tell what would work. I have heard some HP oem comps use my mb and use an Athalon X2 on them. I dont know what model to use the bois though.

12. Bassman_Soundking

My MB is an MSI RS408M if that helps. The guy (tech support) at MSI told me my mb or cpu was a good one (what ever the 939 is) . He told me there are other oem pcs (HP) that use same mb or cpu and do more with it, if you know what model and flash the bios. He wouldn't tell me which one, and said he said too much already. (like it is some major secret). Anyway I guess I just want to build a whole new setup that will be strong and o/c if I need it to w/o problems.

13. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

All my prices are in £, please concvert accordingly.

Low Budget PC;
    Amd Athlon 620 (Quad Core) 2.6Ghz (Stock, this is a good OC'er) £85
    Asus M4A78-E, Real good MB with Crossfire capabilites, however, is only DDR2
    capable, you may want to go DDR3, but i suppose that depends on the budget. £79
    Corsair DDR2 1066 RAM £75
    PSU - Corsair TX650 £79
    Case, one out of the NZXT range, the Gamma is a cracker for the price. £35

14. Bassman_Soundking

how does this psu (ZALMAN ZM600-ST) compare to the one you mentioned? And what is better single 12+ volt rail or 2 or more? thanx

15. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

Basicly, Corsair is the best of the best, best quality, best reliability, and most importantly, by far the most stable.

Generally one 12v rail is the best, look for one with alteast 60Amps on the single 12v Rail.

The TX650 is a perfect PSU for you, but the one you mentioned would probably do just fine too.

16. Bassman_Soundking

Ok, I am sold the Corsair it is. Gonna order it now. Thanx for the recommendation.

17. Bassman_Soundking

There are a few different versions of the ram, and different prices, oh and how many gb's? thanx

18. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

4gb, doesn't really matter tbh.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds