OverClock Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by demonix, Jun 29, 2006.

1. demonix

demonix Private E-2

Ok, this is relatively related to overclocking, as this is what i was trying to do when the problem occurred...

first, my system specs as far as i know...

GRAPHICS: FX 5200
    CPU: (not sure, but an old one)

ok, i got tired of lagging of larger css servers, so i decided to try to overclock. So i go into my system settings, change my clock speed from 1.00 to 1.66 Mhz, and change some other things to "High Performance". So i reboot my comp, and it works for a bit, then it crashes. So i think "ok, i just need to lower the clock speed, thats the problem". So i try to restart my comp, but it doesn't POST. I'm used to this, my comp is weird like that. So i reboot again, and it still doesn't POST... so now im starting think there is a problem. Is there any way I can get it to POST manually so i can fix the system settings, or some way to fix the system settings without having to have the computer POST?

2. demonix

demonix Private E-2

Just an update, now the computer won't start at all...

also, here is another system spec that i just remembered...

MOTHERBOARD: Some MSI motherboard, the BIOS is from there as well.

3. demonix

demonix Private E-2

srry for the tripple post... although i fixed the problem... just had to reset the CMOS.

4. TollhouseFrank

TollhouseFrank Private First Class

when overclocking, don't go for all the beans at once, unless you have done so before and know the system can handle it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds