overclocking a ps2?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by problemswithvaio, Aug 28, 2005.

1. problemswithvaio

problemswithvaio Corporal

I just saw a post on overclocking a gameboy, and I got me thinking could you overclock a ps2? I know you can adjust the laser voltage by changing the pots or sumthing on the laser, but is there any other way, like reducing loading times and other things.

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Hmm, why would you want to change the laser voltage? :confused:

You could overclock it, in theory, but it'd require a lot of hardware hacking. Unless someone has done it before, you'll be pretty much feeling around in the dark.

3. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

More laser voltage makes for a brighter laser so it can read better ???[​IMG]...Again like with the game boy thare is realy no point....Weeks of moding and solder work and research for a unnotacable speed boost....

4. sleepygamer213

sleepygamer213 First Sergeant

My friend overclocked his PS2.... He went onto the internet with it and DL'd an OC utility... I DONT RECOMMEND THIS!!! His PS2 started shooting out orange sparks out of the exhaust area in front.. It still does it even after he deleted the OC utility.. Its soo funny... we lit a peice of paper on fire with it! :p

5. problemswithvaio

problemswithvaio Corporal

haha yah I changed the pots, the loading times did take a little bit of an increase, it was good until all I got was a balck screen and a laser that wouldnt turn on, wasn't a waste though since my laser was already on the verge of dying.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds