Overclocking Athlon FX51

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mantorok, Jul 27, 2004.

1. mantorok

mantorok Private E-2

I have an Alienware Aurora pc. It has an AMD Athlon 64 FX51 processor (2.2ghz) I want to know if anyone can help me with overclocking it, and what a safe speed would be. I have the AlienIce cooling..which is Two Intake Fans in the front, One intake fan on the side, Two Out take fans in the back of the case, and.. powersupply fan... processor fan... etc.. Thank you guys for your help ^_^

Rest of specs..
    400 watt power supply
    Ati Radeon 9700 pro
    Asus SK8N Motherboard
    1gb corisar 3200 ram
    80gb sata hard drive
    dvd R +-
    52x cd burner.

2. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

dude ... like y would you even need to overclock your system?

3. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

Doesn't Alienware supply some kind of utility for doing just that?

4. mantorok

mantorok Private E-2

I don't know.. If I did, I probably wouldn't be asking you guys for help ^_^

5. Amiteriver

Amiteriver Private E-2

Have a 8n also - you can do it in the bios under Advanced settings.
    the 8n has a envidia chip set (are something) - go to the nvidia download site and down load the - system utility - not the vidiodrivers - open under programs and it is very simple - PS - I don't think you can vary the voltage like you can in the bios - it has some other features i'm still tring to figure out -- good luck

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds