Overclocking Athlon II

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LI_Geek_95, Aug 16, 2011.

1. LI_Geek_95

LI_Geek_95 Post-and-Run Geek

I have an MSI GF615M-P33 and an AMD Athlon II 450 X3 3.2GHz. I'm trying to overclock using the OC Switches. I tried all the switch combinations but none of them worked. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing, I've never overclocked before. Please help :)

2. Tueur

Tueur Sergeant Major

Hi there...

This statement really worries me. Overclocking is both fun and a good way to get a bit extra performance out of your chip but you HAVE to understand what you are doing. Im not an expert but I have done a bit and it taught me a lot about how my PC works so I would strongly advise you to have a go. However you must do the research first. If you change the wrong thing you could blow up your CPU, motherboard or RAM. Whats more Ocing is an art not a science and therefore no one can tell you how to OC your system it is a slow process of increase, test, increase, test and keep going til the system becomes unstable. Have a look for a beginners guide to overclocking on google. It will be a lot of reading at the start but if you enjoy computers it is very rewarding.

Additionally you will need to make sure you have some good cooling. Stock cooling just wont cut it when it comes to OCing.

3. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

I remember you got a fairly inexpensive mobo, can't remember what it was, as some don't have the proper tools in the BIOS to start with. I wholeheartedly agree with tueur, study it like mad and go slowly. What is your mobo, I might be able to save you some time.

4. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

OK, I see what you mean about the switches, it seems straight forward enough, all the switches do is up the FSB from %10 to %20. Did you check if the OC took with CPU-Z?

5. smutne opisysmutne opisyopisy do gg

opisy smutneopisy ggopisy milosnemilosne opisyopisy do ggsmutne opisyopisy milosneopisy ggmilosne opisysms na dobranocopisy do ggopisy do ggopisy milosneopisy do ggopisy ggsmutne opisyopisy smutnesmutne opisysmutne opisyopisy na ggopisy ggopisy smutnemilosne opisymilosne opisysmsy na dobranocsms na dobranocopisy ggopisy milosneopisy smutnesmutne opisyopisy na ggsmsy na dobranocopisy ggopisy milosneopisy na ggopisy milosneopisy ggopisy ggsmsy na dobranocsmutne opisymilosne opisyopisy milosnesmsy na dobranocsmsy na dobranocmilosne opisysms na dobranocsms na dobranocopisy ggopisy na ggsmsy na dobranocopisy na ggmilosne opisyopisy smutnesms na dobranocopisy smutneopisy milosnesmutne opisyopisy smutneopisy milosneopisy na ggopisy milosneopisy ggsmsy na dobranocsmutne opisysmsy na dobranocsmsy na dobranocopisy na ggmilosne opisymilosne opisysmutne opisyopisy ggopisy milosneopisy smutnesmsy na dobranocopisy do ggopisy do ggopisy smutneopisy smutneopisy do ggsmsy na dobranocopisy do ggopisy na ggopisy milosneopisy na ggsmutne opisymilosne opisyopisy na ggopisy na ggopisy milosnesms na dobranocopisy do ggopisy smutneopisy ggopisy do ggopisy na ggsms na dobranocopisy na ggopisy smutneopisy milosneopisy ggsmutne opisysmsy na dobranocsmsy na dobranocsms na dobranocopisy smutnesmutne opisysmsy na dobranocopisy na ggsmsy na dobranocopisy smutnesms na dobranocsms na dobranocopisy smutneopisy smutnesmsy na dobranocopisy ggopisy smutneopisy na ggsms na dobranocsms na dobranocopisy na ggmilosne opisyopisy do ggsmsy na dobranocopisy na ggopisy smutnesms na dobranocopisy do ggopisy do ggopisy smutne

6. Tueur

Tueur Sergeant Major

Re: smutne opisysmutne opisyopisy do gg

Inciteful and witty... Thank you!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds