Overclocking intel DP965LT

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mik33, Apr 7, 2007.

1. mik33

mik33 Private E-2

Can anyone please tell me if you can overclock this board. I bought it for my friends and feel like a ron because I want to OC their proc but I can't. They have more than adequate cooling and it's frustrating to all of us so if anyone can help us out I know we'd appreciate it.

2. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

What are the rest of the computer's specifications? Processor, Ram, power supply, graphics card, operating system, drivers?

I wouldn't expect much from this board. It's on the cheaper side and I've read bad things about people trying to get the thing stable with stock settings.

If you want to give it a shot anyway. Check out the overclocking guide stickied to the top of this section.

3. mik33

mik33 Private E-2

I'm sorry I wished that answered my question I do know how to overclock computers I've been building and overclocking computers for almost 5 years now so the issue isn't the actual overclocking. The BIOS on this board is extremely limited one of the most limited I've ever seen and I'm trying to find some way to overclock this board. The problem is the features simply aren't there so if anyone has any ideas or suggestions please shoot me a line

4. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

If the features aren't there, try finding the latest bios update and see if that helps. If not, I'm afraid you're limited to what the board gives you. The DP965LT is not meant for overclocking at all; just a general drop in board that works.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds