Overclocking my amd sempron 2600

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Slipstream, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Slipstream

Slipstream Private E-2

I have a sempron 2600 Thoroghbred core, and a via km400 mobo. any suggestions as to settings to get the optimum performance, cooling isnt an issue

2. cheater1034

cheater1034 Private E-2

go into bios, boost the FSB, its already at 200, and on the new chips you cant boost the multiplier.

It depends on your motherboard though, I have a Gigabyte and have no problems overclocking my AMD 64, it went from 2800+ to 3200+

go up slowly, try 220, 230, 240, etc, until your pc wont boot, then reset the jumper and go to a setting that will boot.

Also boost the volts, it doesnt need much voltage (1.5 I think) I'd boost it 1 volt.

Then give the ram some extra voltage, and then if you can keep it cool it will be a good overclock.

-----

Side Comment : When did you buy your semperon? I would of spent a few extra bucks to get a 64, but that's just my opinion.

3. Slipstream

Slipstream Private E-2

Great. when i shut off my computer next time, ill have to do that.

4. j30

j30 Private E-2

semprons are 333 fsb. stock is 166fsb.
    at 200fsb it would be overclock
    i have simpron 2400+ & a 3000+ on 2 msi kn72 delta l
    the 2400+ overclocks great. the 3000+ dont overclock verywell maybe 3%

asus a8n-sli deluxe
    3500+ 64 amd
    4x 256 pc3200
    2x nforce 6600 gt

5. Slipstream

Slipstream Private E-2

Nice info. I wonder if the 2600 O.C's good also.

6. cheater1034

cheater1034 Private E-2

ahh, sorry i guess the semperons fsb is different, I just figured it was the same as the 64, you can still try overclocking, I really am pleased with how nice and simple it was to overclock my amd 64.

I could probally overclock it more, if I had thermal grease on it, I had arctic silver, then my ECS motherboard fried, and I got a gigabyte, and didnt get more thermal grease, which i should of done, but it's the stock heatsink with next to no thermal grease, and it stays at cool temperatures overclocked, at like 40 degrees celsius under no load.

7. j30

j30 Private E-2

ya simprons r a downgrade to the athlon xps
    my 3500+ 64 i can give it small overclock. i thank i need a bigger psu.
    the dingdong at the computer store said an antec 350 watt would work great
    but i get a lot of them bsod.get me more power i should hit close to 300fsb
    i hit 260 so far w/cool temps

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds