Overclocking Nvidia Geforce 4200 Go mobile

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BrokenArrows, Sep 7, 2004.

1. BrokenArrows

BrokenArrows Sergeant

I am currently overclocking my graphics card. I have increased the frequencies as follows:
    Core was 200 now 216
    Mem was 390 now 393

I am pleased with the results so far but iwas wondering how far i should go. There dont seem to be any comparisons posted on the net.

2. Strogg

Strogg 5-Star Freakin' Geek

how far you should go depends on YOUR chip and memory, not what everyone else has. so as a guage, i recommend you loop 3dmark 2001 demo or something like that and look for artifacts. if you see triangular/polygonal shapes appearing that don't belong, then your gpu is too high. if you start seeing snow (typically green), then the memory is too high.... or i could have gotten that backwards, but those are the two signs that tell you your setup is too fast. you also have to consider heat, as well, but that shouldn't be too hard to tell if it's too hot.

3. Ironsnipe

Ironsnipe Private First Class

Yeah just keep it to 5 mhz increments. Do the core up 5 mhz then test it. If it passes then do it another 5 mhz. Only change one at a time at the beginning. Once you start seeing artifacts then back it off like 3 mhz and test again. If it passes then start at the memory. Kick it up 5mhz and so on and so on till you reach your max. Make sure you leave plenty of time because finding the ceiling on your video can be time consuming because plenty of proper testing should be done after each increment. Also make sure you look for what Strogg said. I believe he's correct in what he is saying.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds