OverDrive Media and DRM

Discussion in 'Software' started by BoredOutOfMyMind, Dec 28, 2007.

1. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

I found some audio books from the library.

I downloaded them and they use OverDrive Media Player.
    This takes Winders Media Player 11 and has to have DRM security installed. Each time I attempt, it gives error to contact Microsoft.

Link to what seemed simple directions

Any suggestions?

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

If that doesn't help, I have a link to the DRM file on the M$ website somewhere, will dig it out.

4. BoredOutOfMyMind

Hmmm, I downloaded it on the Linux box, shoved it and the player on a flash drive and attempted to thwart my wife's XP junkbox. :major

I like this solution. I will post the results. :D

ATTEMPT 3: Throw out the baby with the bath water it’s time for Global Thermonuclear War

5. BoredOutOfMyMind

Linked here and number 1 and 2 did not work- this site has a bit more detailed directions.

http://msmvps.com/blogs/chrisl/articles/33496.aspx

Also the comments are helpful.

Number 3 Worked-

Yeah!!! Instead of spending $24.95 for an audio book, we can listen to them from the library. This will be great for my wife who is legally blind.

Thank you for the link!!

6. sunshinegrl1979

sunshinegrl1979 Private E-2

I recently learned my library offers the same service. Its great, but I'd love to be able to listen to the books on my ipod/mp3 player... Advice or help, anyone?

:confused

7. shaeblue06grad

shaeblue06grad Private E-2

I keep getting an error message that says "the version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows your running. check the system and see if you need a 32 or 64 bit and contact the software publisher." or something like that. i have downloaded the overdrive media console but every time I try and download an audio book it gives this message. I have tried to change the settings with the "use an older program with this version of windows" in the control panel with no luck. any one have any suggestions.

8. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

You've responded to a thread that is at least 3 years old. The OP and others have probably found solutions.

Please open your own thread for more responses.:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds