1. OldHorsetailSnake

OldHorsetailSnake Private E-2

I am new. On my computer I have downloaded several antispyware thingies: Spybot-Search & Destroy; Registry Mechanic, XbotSpy, SpyNuker, SE Adware. When I run them consecutively they all seem to come up with something (usually minor). Is this overkill? Also, I ran from your page the fix for Spybot-Search and Destroy DSO Exploit, and it didn't fix my problem. What now? Thanks.

2. PhilliePhan

PhilliePhan Guest

Hi OldHorsetailSnake,

Welcome to MGs :)

What malware problems are you having?

XbotSpy - I am not familiar with this one.

As far as for SpyNuker, you probably ought to dump it! See this: SpyNuker

You are probably OK with these three: SpyBotSD, Ad-AwareSE, and install Spyware Blaster and keep them up-to-date. See these suggestions: How to Protect yourself from malware!

If you want to properly scan for malware, follow the Cleanup Tutorial HERE: READ ME FIRST BEFORE ASKING FOR SUPPORT: Basic Spyware, Trojan and Virus Removal

If you should need further assistance, let us know!

PP :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds