Overloaded Recovery Drive in Vista

Discussion in 'Software' started by keeshond17, Apr 15, 2009.

1. keeshond17

keeshond17 Private E-2

Several days ago, I began receiving the message that my recovery (D) drive was nearing capacity, which is true--almost all of the 9.9GB is full. I have a feeling that I have picked up some malware or other virus, and things have been duplicated perhaps. I've run Spybot Search & Destroy, Malwarebytes AntiMalware, SuperAntiSpyware (free edition), nothing is reported, there is no improvement. I'm working on a Dell laptop, running Vista Home Premium and have a wireless connection to the modem. I'm PRETTY good w/computers and the jargon and VERY good at following directions, and am looking forward to fixing the problems myself and learning about my 'brain'. Thanks in advance for the assistance.

2. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

3. keeshond17

keeshond17 Private E-2

i've run the scans, and here are the logs you need, I hope...

fyi--when i type 'msconfig' into 'start search' i get an error message, which says that msconfig.exe cannot be found.

thanks

Attached Files:

4. Xcom46

Xcom46 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009
  5. keeshond17

keeshond17 Private E-2

i downloaded the system mechanic pro (i only found a 3 day free trial, but that's long enough!) and ran the scan. i did all the repairs it wanted to do, and things are better. i still have alot of stuff on the 'd' drive, though, and am waiting to hear other suggestions. thanks for the very useful info...

6. Xcom46

Xcom46 Guest

If you press Ctrl or ALt one of them two F4 it's basicly free lol but press it at the key serial number every time.

7. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

The Malware team wont ever find your logs inhere because they don't search for them in the Software forum. They work on their own turf in the malware cleaning forum. There's no way around it: open a new thread down there and upload the logs again: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35

8. keeshond17

keeshond17 Private E-2

thanks for the heads up...as you can tell, i'm a novice at this. i've created a new thread in the malware forum, but find that i can't reattach the files because they are already on the site. am i doing something wrong?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds