Overlocking my celeron 700 MHZ

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gudis, Jun 20, 2004.

1. gudis

gudis Private E-2

Hi,
    I am new at overlocking and wanted to ask what can I do with my:

Motherboard: ECS P6IWP-Fe
    Processor: Celeron 700 MHZ
    Video card: 4 MB integrated

Can anyone help? I dont know english very good,so going on forums and reading is a bit to hard to me.I cant look at all posts in this board.
    Thanks

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

You can't do very much with that. I have the same setup, but I got a PIII 700Mhz with an unlocked multiplier, which overclocked much better. Celerons weren't made to overclock... they are a budget processor which only just about perform well enough at their own rating.

3. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

I disagree with you thare goldy. Iv known older celerons to OC quight well... Iv personoly seen a celoron 700 hit 1 GHz . But i whouldent try to OC with an ECS mobo ( thare crap ). sorry goldy but "Celerons weren't made to overclock" i find that funny....nothing meant goldy....

4. gudis

gudis Private E-2

what is OC?
    is there other ways?
    why ECS is bad?
    thanks

5. ACE 256

OC = Overclock

Id say no youl prolly need a better mobo ( you could use a softFSB or the like but the ECS mobo prolly whouldent take mutch of a FSB OC )

ECS = cheap parts and cunstruction ( not to mention no timing settings in the BIOS )

BTW : mobo = motherboard

6. IntelKlaz101

IntelKlaz101 Guest

I've O'C'ed this celeron and have have gotten it up to 900Mhz, but bottom line a celeron is a celeron, and is probably on saleron at dell.com..lol

7. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Tch! I dont know :p Technically no CPU was MADE to overclock (well, not most of them anyway... what would be the point?!). The ECS is definatley the worst part in that setup... I had/have one which I've had no end of problems with. Now I've got a Abit Mobo, I'm infinatley more happy with it.. :)

8. ACE 256

If you realy whanna OC that celoron I recomind an ASUS P2bf. If you can find one :rolleyes: . The best OCing mobo iv ever see for slot 1 CPUs ;) ( But come to think about it your CPU is prolly socket 370 )

9. hpyhpyjohn

hpyhpyjohn Private E-2

well wat would be a good increment to go up by...just got a out dated celeron 700 and want to oc it...with out blowing it up

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds