p2p program won't connect

Discussion in 'Software' started by hawklord, Feb 17, 2006.

1. hawklord

hawklord Master Sergeant

hi all, i have installed bearshare lite but it refuses to connect - any ideas ?. i have tried kazaa/shareaza/e-mule/limewire but find them a bit slow, i have w2k pro sp4, zone alarm free and ad-aware pro with ad-watch ( + spybot-no teatimer and avg pro ) thanks in advance

2. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

I just installed latest e-mule and server address list not present so it did not connect (no address to go to). I went to their site > forums > thread (similar issue) > downloaded server list. It worked.

3. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Is Zone Alarm configured to allow traffic to and from bearshare?

4. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

I've used e-mule and WinMX and both required port forewarding in the router. Without forewarding the ports, it will not connect. And as Mada_Milty said you also need to allow access thru your software firewall.

5. hawklord

hawklord Master Sergeant

thanks, tried it with and without firewall, no go, the other 4 connected ok though with my firewall, it just asked, i'll try a re-install with a fresh copy, any more ideas will be gratefully accepted

6. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

As a side note, if you have installed Kazaa and Bearshare (don't know about Bearshare Lite) and LimeWire (some versions are infected), then you will have Spyware and Adware.

I suggest you also visit the Malware Forum.

7. hawklord

hawklord Master Sergeant

hi, used ksr with kazaa and i know all about limewire, all my anti-bits are there and i know how to use them plus hjt (its a bit of a hobby) thanks anyway, i got bearshare working - my girlfriend disallowed it with zone alarm

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds