P4PB Ultra MB error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wmpierro, Sep 27, 2006.

1. wmpierro

wmpierro Private E-2

I just put together a system using a VIA P4PB Ultra motherboard, 3 GB of DDR and an Intel 3.06 GHz 533 FSB P4 processor. The first time the system started I got a continuous loop of long beeps indicating no memory found. I cleared the CMOS and the system started but I got a different error: CMOS checksum error-Defaults loaded. Warning! CPU has been changed or CPU ratio changed fail. I checked the settings and then saved setup. When the system restarts it just hangs. If I clear CMOS it goes back to the above error.
    I tried a different CPU but get the same. Anyone know how to fix this?

2. sewy18

sewy18 Private First Class

Can you possibly give us a link to all your computer components so we can see if everything is compatible.

3. prometheos

prometheos Staff Sergeant

It's probably a memory issue; perhaps a faulty module. Sometimes, the autodetect ram speed won't work right with more than 2 sticks of ram. Try it again with just one stick of ram. If that one doesn't work, try another one. The odds are low that more than one module fails, so you may have to go into CMOS(if this is possible) and lower the memory bus speed. If it's set to autodetect, then change it to manual and drop the bus speed. Once you find a speed that works, add another stick until it's fully loaded.:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds