P5Q SE2 No display on HD6950

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by killbox, Jun 11, 2015.

1. killbox

killbox Private E-2

Hey guys

I am currently trying to install windows on my computer which has been lying around for a couple of months. It has a new seagate 1000GB desktop HDD, HD6950, motherboard is P5Q SE2 (doesn't have vga output at the back so you have to have a pcie vga card installed), 500w thermaltake psu, 2GB DDR2 RAM.

The problem is, the computer starts all the fans run but there is no display so I cannot see anything. Currently the graphics card is connected as shown in the picture.

[​IMG]
    image hosting

2. Digerati

Digerati Major Geek Extraordinaire

I can't tell by that picture what's going on. It is too small for my eyes and you have to admit, your cable management needs some disparate attention.

You did not say which HD6950 you have but in looking at XFX's HD-695A HD 6950 I see it requires 2 x 6-pin power connections from the PSU. Did you connect them?

And in addition to the normal 24-pin ATX power connector, your motherboard requires 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connection. Is that connected?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds