packard bell model # 030056

Discussion in 'Software' started by joking1970, Apr 8, 2008.

1. joking1970

joking1970 Private E-2

I am searching for a a soundcard driver for a packard bell soundcard model 030056..It is on a P2XBL Rev.D1 motherboard. I just did a fresh install of win98 and the sound is my only issue...I have been searching for the driver and cannot find....Anyone know wherre it is?

2. joking1970

joking1970 Private E-2

I have the drivers and have them on a cd.......I am trying to load them but there is no install file....I am not a real expert at this, I am trying to go to device manager and selecting the soundcard with the yellow ? and selecting properties then update driver but cannot get the wizard to find them...It is win98...Can anyone help with this?..........Also anyone reading that is searching for the driver, I got it from a friend, so cannot say were to go for it, but would gladly give it to you if you would like.

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Select the device in the device manager with a right click, select Properties. Select Update Driver (or Install Driver). Now, I'm not 100% sure of these next steps as I haven't used Win98 in years, but I know I'm close. Don't let Windows search for the driver, You want to 'point' the hardware wizard to the files on the CD. At some point you'll need to browse the CD and navigate to the folder where the sound driver is. It should then just be a matter of clicking next a few times. I found a link that more or less shows what to do, but it says to let Windows search for the driver, but I think it's best to point it to the driver. Here's the link http://www.windowsreinstall.com/install/tips/drivers/updatedrvdevice.htm It walks you through installing a video driver. The steps are the same for a sound driver, but in the last step shown, don't use the search option, use the option in the screen shot I attached, then browse to the driver. If you use the search option, I think you can point it to search a folder on the CD. Do that if possible. Anyway, check that link, look at my screen shot, and you should be OK.

Attached Files:

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds