Packard Bell - no internet connection-need driver for networking

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mcsas, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Mcsas

Mcsas Private E-2

I am allso having the same problem with a Packard bell dot s. I have put a fresh copy of windows on and now it wont let me connect to the net using the wireless or Ethernet. When i go in to device manager it shows up the ethernet controller and network controller in other devices and they have a yellow triangle. could you please help i am pulling what hair i have left out here lol

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Moved your post to a new one that's not 6yrs old.

What version of Windows and Service Pack do you have installed and what model of Packard Bell Pc do you have?

In Device Manager what if any devices have a yellow ! mark next to them as in general you need to install the Chipset driver for your model PC first and reboot and then many of the other drivers will work ok, as in networking.

3. ChristineBCW

ChristineBCW Corporal

I haven't researched to see if there's a Packard-Bell Support site for the needed drivers. I know they haven't sold products for a number of years, and I'm uncertain of determining how to get drivers without specific model numbers.

If I opened the case AND could determine the LAN chipset, I could probably find drivers like that. If it has built-in video, sometimes those chipsets are displayed (without having a heatsink pasted over them).

The best hope is finding the original Recovery Disk or finding someone with the same Packard Bell model who'll email you the drivers.

Or perhaps there IS a P-B support site with all of that. That'd be great - unlike some Minoltas and a certain Dell unit we've recently been frying.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

5. Mcsas

Mcsas Private E-2

Well managed to get it sorted there was no way of finding out what the exact drivers where that i needed as it would not tell me what wireless card i had ect.

The way i got it working was to download the driver program that was built to be on cd from packard bell then put it on to the netbook and mount it and run it hey presto the right drivers was installed and i have internet again. Hope this helps anyone else thats having issues

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds