Page wont load errors - not the site

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by aisusa, Feb 25, 2012.

1. aisusa

aisusa Private E-2

This one really has me stumped...

When I visit the URLs below, they either load blank or give a 500 server
    error in Chrome or if friendly errors are on in IE 9.

http://www.jvzoo.com/auth/register
    http://www.jvzoo.com/auth/login

I've tried 4 different systems in my house, 3 different browsers, cleared
    cache & cookes, everything. With no luck.

Then I tried a VPS server I have and the the pages load. Called my brother
    who has the same ISP (same town too) and the pages load for him.

So Iunplugged the power to my modem and router for about 30 mintues then
    turned the modem on followed by the router.

Still no luck.

Finally, I tried a proxy server and the pages loaded correctly.

Any suggestions?

Garrie

2. kipfeet

kipfeet Corporal

You've already tried the first thing I would have suggested: rebooting the router.

Have you tried flushing your DNS cache?

Close your browsers. Open a command box and at the prompt type "ipconfig /flushdns" without the quotation marks and hit <enter>. It will give you a message one way or the other. If the cache flush appeared to work, try the sites again without the proxy server. If the flush didn't work, let us know.

Not saying this will solve the problem; sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't for cases like this. But it's a starting point and is fast to do.

3. aisusa

aisusa Private E-2

Flushing the DNS didn't do it.

Is it possible its on the ISP end since a proxy works? Even though it works for my brother on the same ISP.

It was working for me a few days ago.

4. kipfeet

kipfeet Corporal

Hmmm...bummer...seems to be a lot of this sort of thing going around lately.

Question: Do you have any problem reaching the main page of the site?

To answer your question about it being your ISP, it's certainly possible, but difficult to sleuth out. If all else fails it might be worth a call to the ISP. Also maybe worth a trip to your brother's with your computer to see if you can access the site when plugged into his internet.

Can you ping the site? Open an command box and type "ping 50.57.158.208" without the quotes (that's the site's IP address). Did you get a reply?

Another thing you could try is typing in a command box "ipconfig /release" followed by "ipconfig /renew" to get a new IP address. Then see if you can get to the site without using the proxy.

Beyond those I'm not much help, I'm afraid. Perhaps some internet-protocol geeks will jump in.

5. aisusa

aisusa Private E-2

Yes I can reach the main page. Jut get 500 errors when I goto the login pages.

6. kipfeet

kipfeet Corporal

In theory the 500 errors lie in the server you're trying to access and not with your system. That, however, doesn't explain why your brother can get to those pages and you can't.

Since you can get to the site's home page the pinging should work fine, then.

Let's hope some others have some ideas. Hang in there.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds