Paint.NET Error: .Net Framework Initialisation Error

Discussion in 'Software' started by TheMaskedBurrito, Apr 16, 2011.

1. TheMaskedBurrito

TheMaskedBurrito Private E-2

Recently, (as in yesterday) my computer crashed. Luckily, we recovered all the files, and everything was fine untill I decided to use Paint.Net.

This Error Came When I Clicked The Icon (In one of those little error boxes):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    .Net Framework Initialisation Error

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll could not be loaded
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

After installing SP3 and re-installing Paint.Net, exactly the same message up.

My Question:

How do I get Paint up and running again?

I used Paint.Net frequently for my artworks and I would love to get it up and running again by the end of the day

Thanks so much in advance,
    TheMaskedBurrito

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Likely you need to re-install .Net 2.0 again or see if you an get away with just using .Net 4.0 HERE first, and then run Windows update as there has been a few updates to .Net and one was this week. (.Net is the programming launguage that Paint.NET uses)

If not .Net 2.0 is HERE again run Windows update to get fully patched for the various .Net versions.

Then re-install Paint .Net and try again to see if its ok.

3. oneeyejack

oneeyejack Guest

Hi David!! I hope I'm not hijacking. A quick question. When installing these net versions, do you have to go to Add/Remove and remove them first, or can you install over the top??
    Thanks! :)::wave

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

I'm not Dave, but you should be able to install "over top of them". .net 2,3,4 work together, so to speak. Though, typically, there is no need for them, unless you have an app that requires them. And, when that app, does require them, it will typically install them. If the programmers were smart.

5. TheMaskedBurrito

TheMaskedBurrito Private E-2

Thank you, all of you! When my computer first booted after it crashed Paint.Net was not in the Add\Remove Programs at all and for some odd reason Automic Updates couldnt detect anything that needed to be installed. However, I fixed this shortly afterwards.

When Paint.Net installed it said it would also install the correct .NET framework, so Im quite confused.

Question 2:

How should I go about un-insalling Paint if it isnt in the Add\Remove Programs Thingy?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds