Palm desktop installation problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by achoriim, Nov 10, 2006.

1. achoriim

achoriim Private E-2

I was just given a Palm Tungsten e2 (I realize that this is probably the most problematic handheld there is, but heck, it was a gift). I was previously running a much earlier version of Palm Desktop software. Not realizing that perhaps I should have done some sort of preparation (deleting files, etc.) I attempted to install the new Palm desktop software.

The installation runs until it gets to a point where it is doing something to the registry. At that point, it stops. no more, green bar moement, the hard drive light stops, no noises, nothing! The only option I have is to cancel it. even that isn't so great as it stays frozen. I then must run program manager, stop the application, as well as stopping the Idriver process (if not done the computer seems to think that there is still an installation running).

Palm software then seems to show up on my programs list and it runs. However, when attempting to quick install certain software I have received fatal reset error. Hot synch is also not happening as the computer tells me it sees new hardware but has no driver. Basically, nothing seems to be going right! How can I remove the palm software from the desktop, from the PDA and complete installation. Can I get the d*m* thing working?
    PLEASE HELP!!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Just a thought, unhook the internet ( only for what I'm about to say and not part of a possible solution ) and then disable all your security software, especially if you have Spybot S&D installed or something similar as they can and do block changes to the registry.

Then if in add/remove you have any Palm softwre, uninstall it, then run a registry cleaner and temp file cleaner, CCleaner is good for this, once installed run the Cleaner and then the Issues scans.

then install the Palm Soft again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds