paper feed problem hp deskjet 3050aALL IN ONE j611 series printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by poochokid, Feb 26, 2013.

1. poochokid

poochokid Private E-2

When I try to print The paper tries to feed in at an angle or crooked and makes a loud noise like it is trying to feed the paper it goes in about halfway then stops. I get error message out of paper. I reset the printer, adjusted the paper guides opened the clean out door on bottom there was a piece of paper inside I pulled it out. It keeps doing the same thing no matter what I have done . What is wrong with paper feed? How can I fix it myself?

2. BearPup

BearPup Private E-2

Can you tell me what weight paper you're using, and did the problem start after using a different weight of paper? For example, did you use card stock and after that it started to happen with standard 20 lb weight paper? Put another way, when did the problem start happening, and what weight papers were you using?

3. poochokid

poochokid Private E-2

The problem started about 2 week ago. We have only been using standard printer paper.
    :-o

4. BearPup

BearPup Private E-2

There are two things that come to mind. One is that depending on the age of the printer (?), the belts that drive the paper feed mechanism may be old, stretched, or slipping. This would cause the paper to be feed in unevenly. Second, when you cleared the paper jam either some small pieces didn't come out, or it caused the paper feed mechanism to get misaligned.

In either case, there is little you can do, except: a) remove the inkjet cartridges temporarily; b) turn the printer upside down; c) open the paper clear out door; d) take a can of compressed air (like Duster or equal) and give the area a couple of quick sprays; and then e) reinstall the inkjet cartridges.

Use the Duster sparingly, short bursts only, with the nozzle extension aimed into the corners. I'd also give the paper feed area a good cleaning out with the Duster spray.

If it is the belts, nothing but a service call will fix it. I don't suppose its under warranty by any chance? I know this seems like a lot of work (it is), but the only alternative might be a new printer. You can pickup a similar model at WalMart very cheap (I have a 3056, same model family, that I got for $39). Certainly something to think about versus the cost of a service call.

Sorry I can't be of much help, but these aren't their most durable printers, and they do just wear out. Let me know what happens.

5. poochokid

poochokid Private E-2

I bought the printer 8/4/12 we were thinking we might have to buy a new printer
    thank you for reaffirming what I already thought

6. BearPup

BearPup Private E-2

Check your warranty (the HP.com website will list it), but my 3056 came with a one year warranty. If yours is that, you're covered!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds