parser error and slow

Discussion in 'Software' started by aabarnes1, Jan 15, 2011.

1. aabarnes1

aabarnes1 Private E-2

After following the malware removal process on two XP laptops, 1 a Dell inspiron 1525, therother a latitude D610, the latter of the two is extremely slow loading up, will not load a new version of avg 2011, gives a parse error message. I did the machines side by side so I can't understand why 1 was a sucess and not the other, any ideas please.

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, aabarnes1.

I'd suggest waiting until you hear from one of the Malware Forum experts about the logs that you posted - when you've gotten the 'all clear' from them, then we can tackle any remaining issues.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Consider that a good thing. AVG is no longer recommended by The Major http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=229347&highlight=AVG+2011
    You might want to try MS Security Essentials. I normally stay as far away from any more MS things on my computer but this is not a bad av program.
    I installed it on an XP computer I was cleaning for a relative when AntiVir caused the computer to lag so bad I had to uninstall it. (I had two computers both Dell Dimensions 2400 to clean up. AntiVir works fine on the computer with 256MB memory, it lags on the one with 512MB memory! Go figure. I will NEVER completely understand computers!)

4. aabarnes1

aabarnes1 Private E-2

I'm no too bothered about avg, I've installed pc tools av. I'm also posting the logs from this laptop minus the mg tools as It wouldn't run-just hung.

Attached Files:

5. aabarnes1

aabarnes1 Private E-2

My apologies- it is combofix that will not run, I have attached the mg log.

Attached Files:

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

7. aabarnes1

aabarnes1 Private E-2

I did post it in the malware section, but got a reply to say post it in the software section.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds