Partition - Creating Logical Partition from and existing one?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ice God64, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Ice God64

Ice God64 Private E-2

Okay guys, Here, I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit, but I'm thinking of creating a partition for and installation of Windows XP (As I need Direct X 9 for some things).

So, basically, on My HD, I have 75 GB of free space, and I want to pull 40 of it out to make a new logical partition, a "D drive" if you will. I looked into it myself for a while, and found that Partition Magic supposedly can do that, but I got an error before running the installer telling me it has known compatibility issues. Anyone willing to help? I was thinking about trying it from the installer, but I'm quite paranoid, as I don't think it allows for this.

2. risk_reversal

risk_reversal MajorGeek

Instead of installing PM create dos diskettes (x2) with which you will be able to run the prog in dos mode.

You will need to create a primary (not logical) partition in which to install XP.

Dual / multi boot systems have o/s ordering requirements. By that I mean that XP must reside in the first primary partition and vista on the next one.

Good Luck

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds