Partiton having data disappears and fear of data loss

Discussion in 'Software' started by qasimtaqi, Apr 26, 2012.

1. qasimtaqi

qasimtaqi Private E-2

Dear All

I'm using windows 7 64 bit on my dell inspiron n5110.
    Last night one of my partition disappears and i could not able to see this partition on 'my computer'.....then i right clicked on my computer>>manage>>disk management>>activate my partition I (that partition was totally blank i.e. not showing its name and type)

The partition does not not appear
    I restarted the system and the massage is:

BOOTMGR Missing
    Press CTRL+ALK+DEL to restart

I tried to refresh the widows 7 but that partition was not in the list and unable to reintall the windows, the meaasge is:

windows has encourted a problem............................

I also tried windows xp, while installing the BLUE screen appears and giving hardware error...............

pls help!!

2. BoneXXX

BoneXXX Private E-2

I am afraid the HDD is gone. You can use the partition wizard software to recover the partitions but I m not sure it is going to work if the hdd is broken. İf you have the backup of your important data, the best thing to do is removing the partitions and low level format to the HDD then fresh install of an operating system.

3. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

It may be possible to recover your partition using a boot disk. It's certainly worth a try.

On a working computer download and burn as iso the Minitool Partition Wizard Bootable CD. Boot the problem machine to the CD and you can search your disks for lost partitions and recover them where possible.

The Bootable CD download is right at the bottom of the page and you may need to scroll down to find it. It is essential you burn the file as an iso, not just copy it to CD.

Good luck!

4. qasimtaqi

qasimtaqi Private E-2

Please guide why this problem occurs?

i executed Partition Magic 8.0 on my machine, compatibility widows warns me for windows 7 64bit, but i clicked "Run the Program", its Power Quest module executed the command prompt windows and giving messages. i confused and close the window. After this process one of my partition disappears and and i could not able to see this partition on 'my computer'.....then i right clicked on my computer>>manage>>disk management>>activate this partition (that partition was totally blank i.e. not showing its name and type).

The partition does not not appear yet.
    I restarted the system and the massage is:

BOOTMGR Missing
    Press CTRL+ALK+DEL to restart

Then i went to shop from where i have purchased my machine for help. He told me that the utility (Partition Magic 8.0) which u have executed on ur machine have changed the mode of ur Hard Drive. He pulled out Hard Disk from machine and configured it by connecting it to his system.

Please guide actually what was the problem, why HDD mode changed and how to tackle this problem??

Thanks

5. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

I've already told you how to try and recover your partition. Why don't you try it?

There are other disk management programs available than the one I have suggested but you should give that a try first. This is the only hope you have, so do it.

The problem has happened because Partition Magic cannot handle the NTFS version used in Win 7 and has wrecked your file system.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds