password keeper

Discussion in 'Software' started by BLOND37, Jul 19, 2010.

1. BLOND37

BLOND37 Private First Class

i use firefox 3x.. can someone reecommend a good password keeper. i have adhd and cant remember them all. the firefox built in one doesnt always work. robofoirm was good but cost $ and keepass is way to hard to use

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

3. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

One way of dealing with this password problem is to keep an encrypted file on your computer. It has worked well for me, only requiring me to remember the single password required to gain access. This password necessarily has to be longish and contain more than simply alpha characters, but with some thought it's always possible to create something you won't forget that is not easily discoverable.

I use Cryptainer LE for this, which really is as simple as it gets, and just set up a simple text file within it which holds all this sort of stuff. There are more sophisticated programs available but for your purpose this would be very suitable.

4. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

I take a similar approach but I actually use a Microsoft Access database to keep my passwords, and I have that database in an encrypted folder and the database requires a password to open it.

5. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

6. GringoCowboy

GringoCowboy Private E-2

7. BLOND37

8. BLOND37

well i'll try keefox again but i dunno- wasnt imopressed last time

9. BLOND37

do i need keypass or just keyfox

10. BLOND37

can someone PLEASE help me.. i am trying to use keyfox/keepas and
    it keeps crashing firefox 3.6
    and i dont understand how to put logins and passwords in it. and get them to autofill.

11. BLOND37

actually never mind- i uninstalled it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds