Password on PDFs

Discussion in 'Software' started by be0, May 22, 2007.

1. be0

be0 Corporal

How do you do that? Any free software out there?
    Thanks

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

I could be wrong but I don't think you can attach a password directly to a PDF. Besides, someone would need PDF editing software, not just a reader, to change the file. And, if this can be done, I'd think it would most likely be done in the PDF editor. Are you the creator of the PDF? Have you searched for a password setting feature in the PDF editor?

3. solaris89

solaris89 First Sergeant

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

5. jewlzs

jewlzs Corporal

Your question is to vague...and you will not need special software

If you are using adobe designer it allows you to set the entire new pdf file as read only, as well as control if it can be printed, emailed or set each field wether it is text date etc read only, reccomened end user fill in or required fill in.

If you have pdf files on a server and dont want anyone to access it password protect that folder will keep people from even seeing any docs in that folder.......

If you need to share the file via email for others needing to access it save as using a different file name and set the properties to read only

You have multiple options available it all depends on the files purpose and use

6. be0

be0 Corporal

Thanks. I just needed to put a password on PDF. Sending a statement to a customer who wanted his statement password protected. Should have been more clear.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds