PC Activity Light Constantly Flashing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by foreverice, Jul 12, 2007.

1. foreverice

foreverice Private E-2

My cable modem, Motorola Surfboard SB5101, PC Activity light has been flashing at a constant rate for a day and a half now. The only reason for why I noticed this would be because it usually only flashes when my computer opens a browser or makes a download.

I also have a wireless router that has a WLAN and an Internet light that are flashing at a constant rate as well.

My computer is hooked from the router and the router is wired to the modem and then the modem to the cable outlet in the wall. I'm guessing it is my computer that is causing this dilemma. I also noticed that the internet connection icon in the task bar is always lit up. Any ideas would be helpful.

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

It is normal on Cable Internet.

Unlike DSL, when using Cable Internet you do not have your own line, you share a node with all your neighbors, the flashing is a result of the combined activities.

Since you have a Router you should not worry about this activity.

3. foreverice

foreverice Private E-2

I still think this is odd.

4. UKARMYCADET

UKARMYCADET Corporal

naa its fine.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds