PC-cillin Internet Security 2005 problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Rob M., Jun 8, 2005.

1. Rob M.

Rob M. First Sergeant

PC-cillin 2005 is a nice product -- good interface and not heavy on resource demands. But I've run into a small glitch that Trend Micro seems not to be able to deal with.

PC-cillin provides for the construction of a set of Rescue Disks that can be used to start the machine and run a virus scan from a boot floppy. The virus pattern files have to be spanned across a bunch of diskettes, and I seem to be able to build that set without reported errors.

The problem comes when I try to use the set. The system boots OK; PCSCAN starts OK, and asks for each of the pattern file disks in turn -- then refuses to read the last one and aborts with an error message reading "Read Pattern error, return -1"

I tried rebuilding the set with a later virus pattern file -- same problem.

Has anyone else run across this glitch? How did you fix it?

How do I build a Rescue Disk set that won't crap out on the last disk in the set? :mad:

2. Rob M.

Rob M. First Sergeant

Trend Micro did eventually come through -- after I had explained my problem about three times and got the techies to actually read what I had provided.

It turned out that there was a problem with the Rescue Disk builder that I had installed. Trend Micro pointed me to a later version on their website, and had me install it over top of the existing version. Voila -- no more problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds