pc doesn't recognize wd hd but does recognize seagate

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by paulmassoth, Sep 9, 2013.

1. paulmassoth

paulmassoth Private E-2

I am running a HP compaq with AMD64 Athlon dual core and Win 8.1. I had a WD Caviar (2TB WD2001FASS) connected as an external hard rive. All went well for about 2 weeks. Then my PC wouldn't recognize the external drive. I tried all of the fixes that you shared with me-no luck. I figured I had a hardware issue so I replaced my external case with a Voyager S3. This allows me to swap HDs by dropping them in a slot. Now, my PC recognizes my Seagate Baracuda 7200.10 but not the WDs ( i have 3 of them). I have data on one drive that I would like to save and my recovery drive is also one of the WDs. the third is blank.

I am hoping you can help.

Thanks in advance, PM

2. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

This software is the release candidate, as in a beta release and is bound to have bugs.

Do you have an alternate full release operating system?

3. paulmassoth

paulmassoth Private E-2

No. Not yet. Well, I have a good win 7 home premium, but not win 8.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds