PC frezzing when using browser

Discussion in 'Software' started by dannypadoan, May 23, 2008.

1. dannypadoan

dannypadoan Private E-2

hi i need help urgentlly im using windows xp and when i browse the internet using ie or firefox after a while the pc freezes up and my fan sounds like it is going to the moon i cant do anything at the time so i have to hold power button down i dont no alot about pc but i do no that some off you need to read a hijack this log so here is mine

if any one can help it would be much appreciated as it is doing my head in

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2008
  2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

If you think you have malware, please follow the instructions in the below link and attach the requested logs when you finish these instructions in the malware forum!.

READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide

3. chookers

chookers Staff Sergeant

If your fan is getting noisy, you may also want to check if the temperatures in the case are running too high. Maybe the fan needs replacing.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Very likely as you had malware back in January of this year that you still have some that could well be taking up your CPU time, thus increasing the speed the fans have to go to cool the CPU.

You could check in CTRL-ALT-DEL what process is taking most if not all the CPU time, but I would hazard a guess that you have malware and need to follow TimW's advice above and run the guide then post a new thread in Malware Forum

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds