PC keeps restarting on boot up.

Discussion in 'Software' started by mneenee, Jan 24, 2007.

1. mneenee

mneenee Corporal

Ok this must be the month for pc problems lol. I have already had to post here 3 times grrrr.

Anyhow a friend of mines pc crashed she had a guy repair it for her and now it is restarting constantly on boot up it gets as far as the windows 2000 loading screen then the blue screen (no words or errors just blank) and restarts.

She doesn't have a win2k cd and I am wondering if I have any other options on helping her get it back. Losing data is no big thing as she lost it all the first time.

I have tried moving the ram around and unplugging the cd rom she did have one bad stick of ram so I removed it.

Also just before it totaly quit she could get into safe mode and I had her look in her system tool under components\problem devices it said that her cd and mouse were problem devices. I had her run some scans to eliminate malware found nothing? She restarted and now it wont start at all. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Mneenee

2. mneenee

mneenee Corporal

Ok this is what I have done. I have used the windows repair disks but unfortunately I cant get it to find autochk.exe I have tried the fixboot and fixmbr with no luck. Just wondering if there is anything else I could try without a win2k cd? Thanks

Mneenee

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds