pc lock up after a few seconds

Discussion in 'Software' started by Vendarien, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Vendarien

Vendarien Private E-2

Ok I have an asus g74sx laptop about 2 weeks ago it just stopped booting when I would turn it on it would go to startup repair and stay there for hours befor restarting and doing it again. so I used my recovery partition to recover my c: drive and repair windows 7 64bit well after that my pc will boot every time now but it locks up and stops working after a few minutes and i cant figure out what is bogging it down so bad. the malware removal didnt work but here are my reports. I dont have one for roguekiller when i hit the scan button it just says searchng for run and than says to close down or search for solution online.

Attached Files:

2. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

It was written to help with malware problems not Windows problems. I will move this thread to the Software Forum because you are not having malware problems.

3. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, Vendarien...

Is this the same machine you posted about in this thread? If so, then what were the results of the suggestions you were offered?

Also, pertaining to the present issues: do the same symptoms persist if you boot the machine into Safe Mode?

4. Vendarien

Vendarien Private E-2

Yes it is the same machine sense I used the recovery partition it has been updating so the old problem was fixed but i dont the the lack of updating is what was making it slow down i think its something els and no the pc works fine from safe mode that is what i am in right now so that I can do anyhting with it

5. Caliban

If the machine is working well in Safe Mode then it's likely that some 3rd-party driver or program is causing the problem. For troubleshooting purposes try running msconfig - in the Startup tab disable everything, Ok out and boot into normal Windows. If the machine is stable repeat the procedure enabling one startup at a time until you find the culprit.

*Be advised: if your antivirus protection is included in the Startup list then you should physically disconnect from the internet while testing.

6. Vendarien

Vendarien Private E-2

I tried what you said and now my pc will not boot into any mode. It just goes to boot screen than resets itself

7. Caliban

Good morning...

There's obviously something going on because of your continued problems even after a factory restore. You might consider running the restore process again and carefully monitoring any Windows updates and 3rd-party software installations to try to narrow down the source of your issues.

You might also consider burning and booting to a Linux image to help determine if some hardware faults are present.

8. Vendarien

Vendarien Private E-2

Ok I just tried to use recovery partition and rather than popup the recovery program it just boots up the command prompt now.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds