pc makes noise on overloading

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by macrohard, May 18, 2010.

1. macrohard

macrohard Private E-2

hi friends, I am using windows 7 with these specs - p4 processor, 1 gb ram, intel dg31gl, 2 dvd drives, 80 gb HDD.
    Well, my problem is that I play need for speed most wanted and when I launch it, my pc starts making noise and the noise seems to me that the fans start rotating at faster speed. so on this basis, I have drawn conclusion that since nfs most wanted is a heavy game for my pc specs so the processor is overloaded and fans (to cool the case) make extra rounds.

Please tell me if i am wrong and is this noise on overloading serious? please tell me guys.

Thanks in advance.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Run HWmonitor and see what your temps are hitting, its likely as you say for the CPU and/or GPU fans for speeding up with an intensive game, unless you are gaining random shutdowns and crashes I wouldnt worry too much for now.

But do post your CPU, GPU and Chipset temps.

3. macrohard

macrohard Private E-2

Dear Halo. thanks for the quick reply. My pc doesn't shoutdown or does nothing of this kind, it just makes noise when i play nfs most wanted and as soon as i quit it, pc becomes normal. Now i am feeling quite relieved as you said that "unless you are gaining random shutdowns and crashes I wouldnt worry too much for now"
    I will surely post all the temps recorded by HWmonitor in some time.

Thanks for the help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds