pc not reading ram stick PLEASE HELP!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by slicerking, Jan 12, 2008.

1. slicerking

slicerking Private E-2

ok I have two kingston 512meg sticks in my pc but for some reason its only reading one of them

When I ran a aida32 system info is shows me having two sticks and that i should have 1024 megs of ram available

but when i ran belarc advisor it says I only have one stick in dimm0 and that dimm1 is empty

so I have one program saying they are both there and another saying one isnt and windows is telling me that i only have 512 so why can aida32 see it but nothing else can???

if anyone can tell me how to fix this it would be GREATLY appreciated thanx a bunch

2. slicerking

slicerking Private E-2

ok in addition I just reread what the belarc advisor is telling me it says

1024 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'DIMM0' has 512 MB
    Slot 'DIMM1' is Empty

not sure if this makes a difference but thought I should put it just in case

3. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

And if you look in your system properties, what does your operating system tell you? (If you're not sure where that is, in WinXP, you right-click on My Computer, and select Properties, and they pop right up.)

4. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Swap the Ram and see what you get.

E

5. slicerking

slicerking Private E-2

in properties it tells me 1 gig of ram but when i pull up task manager its showing only 512 megs thats why im so confused windows says i have a gig but i dont ummm maybe i need to buy new sticks??? lol
    also these are kingston 512 meg pc 3200 200mhz sticks
    im thinking about adding 2 gskill value ddr 400 pc3200 1 gig sticks

my mother board specs say it can support up to 4 gigs of ram of pc3200 but im wondering if the two different types of sticks will clash anyone know??

((mother board is a asus a8v delux if that matters))

6. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Have you tried the memory in slots 1 and 3 instead of 1 and 2?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds