PC Tools AV Unable to completely remove

Discussion in 'Software' started by dallen98, Oct 2, 2008.

1. dallen98

dallen98 Private E-2

I bought a new antivirus program last night and when I went to install it, it said I needed to remove PC Tools Antivirus first because of incompatibility. I had uninstalled it about a year ago, however remnants of the program remained on my PC.

I tried reinstalling the program this morning and received the following:

RUNTIME ERROR (at 253:2771): "is not a valid

(exactly like that, missing the other quotation mark at the end)

I've gone into my Regedit, deleted it from there, but it is still there.

I'm at my wits-end. I don't usually have a problem getting rid of remnants, but this one is a real doozy. Any help would be very much appreciated. I would love to be able to install my new antivirus program.

My OS is Windows Vista 32 bit

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  2. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

3. dallen98

dallen98 Private E-2

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!! That did the trick and I was able to install my new antivirus software. What an angel! I'm keeping this program in case I need it again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds