PC w/ XP won't boot up past the startup screen...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Princesskina, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Princesskina

Princesskina Private E-2

Okay my comp was running slow so I backed up all my files on a DVD and I reformatted the driver... I deleted the partions then decided to install XP home edition. I had issues so I reformatted a 2nd time I had all the USB's connected went to pop in my flash drive so I can download my drivers and it froze up this happned 3 more time unhooked ALL usb cables except the keyboard and mouse and still froze up when I put the flash drive in, also when I got the computer to unfreeze the pc didnt recognize the flash drive.

I restarted the computer and NOT it won't get past the FIRST Windows XP home edition welcome screen (the screen that has the black background w/ XP in color and the green dashes going across)...

I have unplugged the PC totally and tried again and still nothing can someone please advise me. I been searching online for answers but I havent' saw anything directly related to my issue.

Just to use the net I had to buy me a Vaio today just to research this issue cause I need my PC for work and now im stuck and im not to keen with this laptop!

2. Princesskina

Princesskina Private E-2

Also I was reading another thread so just to be specific I mean the Window's XP screen with the progress bar and it freezes after the bar goes across twice on the 3rd attempt it freezes.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds