Pc wont fully load up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dunky, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Dunky

Dunky Private E-2

My pc just swtched of all of its own accord, its done this a couple of times and started up afterwards without any problems.

Just happened again and when i go to start up it seems to go through first part of setup fine then i get a message on monitor saying NO VIDEO SIGNAL
    and the red light which normally flickers during setup stopped.

Any ideas....:mad:

2. Redminnow

Redminnow Private E-2

This was happnin to me the otherday.... the no signal message is simply the fact ur monitor is on expecting a signal from ur pc...which has just shut down so non comes and ur monitor goes to stand-by

My problem was that my power supply wasnt powerful enough and shut off after its temp. got too high.

3. Dunky

Dunky Private E-2

well i have had a slight issue with my power supply in that the fan sometimes stopped working and i think it was now and again running a little hot .

the green light stays on and the internal fan spins but nothing else is going on .... is it possible that a new power supply unit will solve this and if so how do i fit it cause there are wires going everywere ...well it looks that way to the untrained eye

TY for the reply BTW

4. tcharlton

tcharlton Private E-2

How would you find out if your power supply is effecient enough for running whatyou have for parts? dunky just described my problem exactly

5. Redminnow

Redminnow Private E-2

Im not sure and i wouldnt suggest buying anything until u get an expert in here :D im here for help too :p

I just upgraded my PC and my old power suply cudnt cut it.... so it booted then cut as the temp from overloadin it got too much, sounds very similar to me :)

6. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

7. Dunky

Dunky Private E-2

Ok my apologies.

Its an advent (bit old but im moving to us from uk soon and no point replacing at present) model 3112 2.53ghz 512mb ddr 48x cdrw 16xdvd geforce 4 mx 440 se 64mb ddr/tv out

so this morning i try to turn on again this time nada no led nothing totally 110% dead so i fitted a new psu and the power seems to rum fine , the fans come on and run but the monitor shows no video signal message , also instead of the usual 30 second or so boot to windows password login i get about 10 seconds led flahing below power indicator then it stops

GD it this computer is hacking me off LOL.

So any ideas i have read a lot on forum but im no expert, i have checked the Video card is in place properly and it seems to be so were do i go from here

BTW i can see nothing at all on screen so i can even get into a safe set up mode...

8. Dunky

Dunky Private E-2

actually the screen says no video input please check signal

9. Dunky

Dunky Private E-2

another point is that i had noticed some color deterioration recently maybe this was the card staring to fail .... would a serious issue with the graphics card simply stop setup.....

10. Dunky

Dunky Private E-2

having read more i can alsoadvise that there is no beep at start red led on for 15 seconds and stops...... power is fine with different psu and tried a new graphics card but still same problem.....

11. gigabyte

gigabyte Private E-2

are you using a power strip or are you pluged into the outlet in the wall. maybe your surge protector or power strip is bad.

12. Dunky

Dunky Private E-2

using a strip but i have tested it on another electonic product and its fine

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds