PC won't wake from soft off state

Discussion in 'Software' started by paul.peacock, Jun 5, 2005.

1. paul.peacock

paul.peacock Private E-2

Hi all I'm having a bit of a game getting my PC to wake up from "soft" off state to perform an automatic backup. Everything seems to be set up properly but when the time arrives my PC stays turned off. The app I'm using is called SyncBack. The windows task manager is set up correctly as is sync back. I seem to remember reading somewhere there is an issue with my mobo or bios that prevents windows from waking the PC, and there was a fix. Unfortunately I didn't sort it at the time and now can't find it. Has anyone else come across this issue? My specs are in my signature.

Thanks for taking time to read my post :)

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Did you try holding down the power button for a bit rather then just pushing it? Thats my first guess. Since your online with another pc, you should be able to download the motherboard manual in pdf format (Adobe reader) at MSI.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds