PC3200 or PC2-3200?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Wayne82, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

I am searching the internet for some new memory and want to make sure I order the right type first time. I have been using SIW, Windows System Information and the Computers Manual to figure out what I need but cant find anywhere whether my memory is PC3200 or PC2-3200. Does anyone please know where or how I can find this out?

Thank You ;)

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

I love SIW! Great program. If you look below the Hardware section you should see memory right below the Network stuff. PC2, if I am not mistaken is the newer DDR2 RAM, Not DDR RAM. DDR is 184 pin RAM, DDR1 is 240 pin, they are not interchangeable.

Screen shot also.

E

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  3. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Fred- you are correct sir! (Imagine this being said by a drunk Ed McMahon to Johnny Carson ;) )

4. padams

padams First Sergeant

Since there isn't a DDR2 PC3200 I assume it's gonna be DDR400 PC3200. Here's a link to some.

5. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

6. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

Thanks for the help guys. SIW is great I agree, but I looked everywhere and it dosent say which of the two I have. The scanner at Crucial was inconclusive and they said they would mail me. The mail said something along the lines of "We do not have details on your model please contact the supplier" I mailed PC World and got no reply as yet. The memory is DDR 400mhz that I am after so I will go with PC3200 like you said padams.

Thanks again, I dont know what I would do without this site your all mint. :major ;)

I would include a screenshot of SIW but dont know what the url is to get it from my own computer!

7. padams

padams First Sergeant

Glad we could help Wayne82. Let us know how everything goes!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds