pcAnywhere causes logon problems (win XP)

Discussion in 'Software' started by darkhorizon, Jul 31, 2003.

1. darkhorizon

darkhorizon Private First Class

I've got a problem, i installed pcAnywhere version 10.0 on windows XP, and when the computer is restarted, it now for the first time ever, asks for a user name and logon password, however we do not have one. so i checked the pcAnywhere website, and it says that version 10.0 was not designed for windows XP, that version 10.5 was. and they do not provide support for windows XP because i used an older version, any suggestions as to bypassing the logon? how can i maybe boot in safemode on the XP machine? any help would be appreciated... thanx

PS: i was remote desktoping the computer through netmeeting, and i installed pcAnywhere, i live in new york while working on a computer in Iowa.

2. darkhorizon

darkhorizon Private First Class

nevermind... problem fixed, she had to type in the username "administrator" and it worked fine

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds