PCI Driver audio problems :(

Discussion in 'Software' started by lufelpe78, Mar 21, 2008.

1. lufelpe78

lufelpe78 Private E-2

Well i write this because i have done a lot of fixes but i still have the same problem,this is what happen:

1. one day i start my computer open winamp and i click one song and this error appear "directsound incorrect controller error: 88780078"
    2. i go to the audio dispositive panel and surprise "no audio device detected" so i start to search a lot, the first i dowload the everest and this is the report:

http://stillearly.pcriot.com/Report.htm

3. i have uninstalled all the sound drivers following this solution

This is what Intel has to say about that;
    When installing Sigmatel or Realtek audio drivers (either from the Express Installer CD or using the latest driver download available from the web), the installation may fail with either of the following error messages:
    * Device Object not present, restart the system and run setup again.
    * The system does not support the driver you are attempting to install.

The Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) High Definition Audio class driver for Windows* may be corrupted or causing problems with the audio driver installation.
    To resolve this, try the following:
    1. Click Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
    2. Look for the following two items: Realtek* High Definition Audio Driver and High Definition Audio driver Package - KB888111.
    3. If these items are listed in Add/Remove programs, remove them.
    4. Restart Windows.
    5. Download the latest audio driver for your PC.
    6. Double-click the filename to extract the files.
    7. Go to the folder where the files have been extracted and browse to the \HDAQFE\xpsp2\us\ folder or the \MSHDQFE\Win2K_XP\us\ folder. (The name of this folder depends on your PC model.)
    8. Double-click the file kb888111xpsp2.exe to install the High Definition Audio Driver Package.
    9. Restart Windows.
    10. Install the audio driver.

This is a similar fix.
    1) Uninstall the Realtek software through Add/Remove Programs (if it's installed but not working)
    2) In Device Manager, remove the high definition audio device under Sound, Video & Game controllers.
    3) Still in Device Manager, double-click Legacy Audio Drivers
    4) Click on the Properties tab
    5) Select any sound device listed here and click the Remove button
    6) Restart Windows and retry the installation.
    You may need to remove any instances of the Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio listed under System devices as well.

4. i have the cd that came with my mainboard i installed the:

[​IMG]

and nothing happen, now i got a window when i start windows,,,saying new pci device detected but i cant install it

5. i look the device manager and this is what it looks(sorry it is inspanish):

[​IMG]

Thanks a lot for the help!!! ;)

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Give this a try. Sorry, if the instructions are kind of lacking. I haven't been able to run it and provide better instructions, but a few folks have and it worked to fix an unknown PCI device (it's the UAA, I believe) caused by Realtek installs.

Download this file, unpack it into your folder of choice.
    Go to Control Panel>Device Manager>PCI Device>Update Driver> Choose the folder where you extracted it to, then you have to find the .sys file from the UAA HD Add-on folder and other .sys from Realtek's driver folder and re-boot and it'll automatically activate it.

[​IMG] UAA HD Add-on.zip

3. lufelpe78

lufelpe78 Private E-2

now it recognizes the "Audio device on high definition audio bus" but i cant install the drivers, im going to resume all in an image, is the best explanation i found :) (sorry its in spanish)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Explanation: when i startup my pc appears a new hardware "Audio device on high definition audio bus" so the asistent to install it appear and i click next, a lot of time searching, and finally cant install it, I take a look to the device manager and appears that is recognized but not properly working :(

Thanks a lot musksnipe!!for the help ;)

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Hmm, I haven't seen that work halfway before. It either works or doesn't. :confused

OK, before this is over we may have to start at the beginning and work through. But, here is another fix that may finish up what the last started.
    KB835221 Hotfix
    1. Remove "Audio device on High Definition Audio Bus"
    2. Download from Microsoft the KB835221 hotfix and install it: KB835221.exe
    3. Restart the system, and XP will automatically detect the devices
    4. After this you should be able to install Realtek drivers.

Your pictures are putting my limited spanish to the test, but I am getting it. LOL

5. lufelpe78

lufelpe78 Private E-2

hmhmhm dont know what happen but i can uninstall the Audio device on High Definition Audio Bus, i tried to unistall it from device manager> and appears an advertency first and next the message that says

"Error uninstalling the dispositive, appears that is necesary to start the pc"

look the image Thanks a lot! :)

[​IMG]

6. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Try disabling and then uninstalling it.
    If that doesn't work, go into Safe Mode, disable it, then uninstall it.

7. lufelpe78

lufelpe78 Private E-2

i cant,,,, i cant uninstall the Audio device on High Definition Audio Bus,,,,disable or undisable
    ,,,i tried to start in safe mode but it show that it cant load the SPTD.SYS so i deleted from System32/Drivers, and delete this keys from the registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\SPTD y
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\R oot\LEGACY_SPTD

now i tried to start the safe mode,,,,it load a drivers,,,and then it reboot :(

im starting to think that is worst that i imagine :(

8. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Ok, let's try a different approach. Can you remove the Audio Device by disabling it, highlighting it, and then pressing the Delete key?

9. lufelpe78

lufelpe78 Private E-2

[​IMG]

i cant,,,just like u said highlighting it, and then pressing the Delete key :(
    i tried a lot of times and it said it is necesary to start the pc

thanks!

10. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

That's pretty weird, let's try skipping that step. Not sure if this will work with the Audio Device still there, but it's worth a try.
    I had a long busy day today, but will dig into this a little deeper and have better info for you tomorrow

11. lufelpe78

lufelpe78 Private E-2

Thanks a lot musksnipe for the help,,,,,,,,i format my computer (and learn how to format i didnt know) ,,, i think it was a virus because this problem was not the only problem sooooo,,,,thanks a LOT for help!! :) seeya

12. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

:wave
    Sorry we didn't get to an answer. Drop in any time and visit in the Lounge.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds