PCI expansion card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by danjotom, Sep 28, 2007.

1. danjotom

danjotom Private First Class

I have recently got a new motherboard and cpu, the motherboard does not have a monitor socket so I got a card for it and when i tried to get it working the monitor comes up blank. Do the driver need to be installed for the card? what can i do?

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Why did you buy a PCI video card? Surely, that motherboard either has AGP or PCI Express, most likely the latter for a new board.

Do you see anything at all on screen when turn the power on?

3. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

4. danjotom

Motherboard is GA-K8NS (Rev 2.x)
    AMD Athlon 64 2800+ CPU

5. danjotom

Motherboard is GA-K8NS (Rev 2.x)
    AMD Athlon 64 2800+ CPU
    do not have a operating system as new pc build
    StLabs 64MB GeForce MX400 AGP Video card

6. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

The GeForce MX400 is an older generation GPU. MX400 indicates GeForce2, which would be DirectX 7; DirectX 9 has been the latest version of DirectX for quite some time now and DirectX 10 is now available on Windows Vista systems if the hardware supports it.

Is that a new or used card? Can you test it in another computer?

7. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

Couple of quick questions does the actual computer post...are all the fans spionning etc when you power on....have you switched the monitor on and connected all cables correctly?

8. danjotom

all fans are spinnig and cables are connected propley

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds