PCI Express X16 Slot Question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pclover, May 16, 2008.

1. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

I bought a 8600GT today and when it comes i am going to want to install it. The only thing is that there is a clip there. It looks hard to pull the card out. Any tips so i don't break something. This is my board

thanks

Attached Files:

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

most people don't notice the clip there...but since u did notice it, you shouln't have any problem...just dont force it too much, but sometimes it can be a little tight in there.

3. Jerkyking

Jerkyking Sergeant Major

I've broken a clip on an AGP card (forgot it was there) when removeing a card. The clip is there to hold it in place.

Like the SmokingGun said its good you noticed them before hand. You just bend them to the side to get the card out. Going in it should slide itself out of the way when the card gets seated in its slot.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds