PCIe USB Card Knocks Out OnBoard USB

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by spirittoo, Feb 6, 2015.

1. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

:wave I have this card when I put it my win7 (rig 2) it knocks out all my on board usb.:confused Anyone have any idea what is causing this?:eek

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Reading the specs
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815283014
    it is not for Windows 7. In fact, Vista isn't listed but some got it to work.
    Do you have it plugged into your power supply? Perhaps the power supply is insufficient.

3. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

:wave According to the seller on Ebay it is compatible with win7 64 bit. I have it hooked up on my mobo in the pcie slot.

4. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

I read a bit on this card, some get it to work some do not.
    Reading between the lines as no one posted a reliable solution I think it comes down to PCIE slot settings in the BIOS. I would try changing the PCIE settings for the slot you have the USB card in.
    Be mindful of your video card slot and any other slots you have filled, motherboards do not allow all combinations. CPU's can also limit your choices. Check your motherboard manual to see what slot configurations are available with your CPU.

5. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

I've had that card working in my other computer so what I decided to do is buy a four port usb hub that is 3.0 that has it's own power source. That way I can have 3 extra ports, which should be enough for me because I only needed one extra for my web cam. And the card that works on the front computer I will use with it. So I would say problem is solved. Thanks everybody for reading my post and commenting.:wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds