.PDB conversion

Discussion in 'Software' started by pasvorto, Dec 3, 2007.

1. pasvorto

pasvorto Private E-2

I have an IPAQ with Microsoft reader on it (and Mobi Pocket) running Windows Mobile 2002. There are a number of ebooks I would like to read. However, they are in .PDB format. I can't find any software to convert them to Reader format, or any program to read them in PDB format. Any suggestions?

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

3. pasvorto

pasvorto Private E-2

I've already got the eReader. The other one does not seem to work for IPAQ 3835 and it doesn't mention .PDB file types. Thanks.

4. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Is it a Microsoft eReader?

5. pasvorto

pasvorto Private E-2

Yes. It is the Microsoft eReader

6. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

There's your problem.

.PDB format ebooks are not for the Microsoft eReader - that's why it doesn't find them. Microsoft reader format books have the extension .LIT - if you had a .LIT
    format ebook, Microsoft reader will find it and it will show up automatically on the
    opening page.

So the links I gave you should allow you to download a reader that will access .PDB format ebooks.

7. pasvorto

pasvorto Private E-2

I realize that. I have downloaded many readers in an attempt to get the PDB files to load. None, to date, recognize the file format. I am getting my books from manybooks.net. Even when I select the eReader as the fieltype to download, it downloads as PDB and I can't read it. If you have a reader that can reader them I would be most appreciative to find out what it is.
    BTW: I am running PocketPC2002

8. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

9. pasvorto

pasvorto Private E-2

That did not recognize them either.

10. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

.pdb is a palm format, my default palm reader that came with my palm reads them, not sure if your able to find a reader as haven't worked with pocket pc, but heres a couple site that have many books in both formats.
    A sci fi one: http://www.baen.com/library/
    General, has a ton of books: http://manybooks.net/

Hope those help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds