PDF Docs appear redacted

Discussion in 'Software' started by sartoriusii, Jun 1, 2012.

1. sartoriusii

sartoriusii Private E-2

I am using Windows 7, 64 bit OS
    When I open a PDF file with Adobe reader, the screen goes blank for about 1-2 seconds and then the document opens. Usuallt, several lines on various pages are either redacted with black or highlighted with various colors. In addition, the border of the window appears grainy. This malfunction also affects other windows, especially the border and sometimes text. When I close the document, the entire screen against go totally black for 1-2 seconds and when the screen comes back on, everything is back to normal. I have totally removed the program, downloaded Adobe Acrobat Reader, and reinstalled it, but there is no change in its performance. I find no similar problem on general search on the internet. What am I missing?

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Try using one of the other PDF read options that is available in the file repository here on majorgeeks, and see if the same problem happens. What version of Adobe reader are you using?

3. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

This could also indicate a graphics driver issue; what is your display adapter, driver version & date?

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds