PDF Editing

Discussion in 'Software' started by WarKirby, Nov 1, 2010.

1. WarKirby

WarKirby Private First Class

Hi everyone.
    I'm looking for a good choice for editing PDFs. I've googled plenty but this subject seems to be a black hole of information on the internet.

I'm aware that .pdf is a format designed for publishing and output, and that it's not meant to be edited. However, designer's wishes never really stopped anyone. I'm guessing that most PDF editors are hacks, but some of them work quite well.

The best one I've found so far is Inkscape, which is perfect in almost every way except for the rather major flaw that it can only import or export one page of a PDF at a time.

Things I would mainly be looking to do with pdfs:

Rotating them
    Extracting images
    Correcting spelling mistakes
    Copying text
    Converting to .doc or similar for major edits

I can't seem to find one free editor that offers all of the above.
    Windows preferred, although any platform will do as I have access to an imac and a debian box too.

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. Imperfect1

Imperfect1 Private First Class

Sounds like you need OCR capability. Try OCRTerminal. It works really well and I think you'll be pleased. OCRTerminal is a free online OCR service that converts scanned images into EDITABLE + searchable Word docs. Register a free account and you can convert 20 pages for free every month.

PS Why don't you check the MajorGeeks list of OCR apps before you use this link. It's always safer to trust MajorGeeks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds