PDF reducing

Discussion in 'Software' started by nikki_d, Mar 30, 2010.

1. nikki_d

nikki_d Private E-2

I have made a PDF file that is supposed to be up loaded (at some point) to a website. The problem is the file is huge. I created it using ABBY PDF converter, however ABBY does not make a program to reduce the size of the file. Is there a program that is compatible that will reduce the size of this file?:-o

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Is it Abbyy PDF Transformer you have? if so what version? If version 3 then options on page 10 onwards show you how to compress/reduce the size of the PDF, most of which in size comes from images/pics, version 3 doc is HERE if another version then they are HERE

PDF995 allows reduction in image size to save space, its free and HERE

What was the document originally created in, just incase it was Word for instance then converted to PDF? maybe when knowing the original app options to reduce the file size there first.

3. nikki_d

nikki_d Private E-2

It was ABBY 3.0 and yes originally was Word documents. The customer service at ABBY said they had no programs for reducing the size and that they didn't know of any compatible programs, so I came here.

Thanks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds