Pen Drive Data Recovery Big Help Friends

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by helo1, Oct 6, 2016.

1. helo1

helo1 Private E-2

Dear Friends.... Please Big Help me...

As there were 2 viruses in the 8gb Kingston pen drive it didn't show any files (the viruses were cleaned). There was only one shortcut visible but no data at all. However upon checking the file properties of the pen drive, it showed the use space as as 7GB and free space as 150mb. After using the Restore(258kb) tool the free space is shown as 7GB and used space is only 16kb.

I used this software.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0ByIph5ae0VAcY08xRlhrX0tPQ3c

Now used space is 16 kb and free space is 7Gb.

Attempting to recover the data using recovery software did not result in showing any data.
    Attempting to recover data using the command line did not work and neither did trying to recover using Ubuntu. Changing the folder options did not work either.

My computer is using Windows XP as the OS.

kingston DT101G2
    USB Device ID: VID = 0951 PID = 1642
    Serial Number: UP0015AD118A6B0000000098
    Device Vendor: kingston
    Device Name: DT 101 G2
    Device Revision: 0100
    Manufacturer: kingston
    Product Model: DT 101 G2
    Product Revision: 1.00
    Chip Vendor: Phison
    Chip Part-Number: PS2251-68(PS2268) - F/W 06.03.34 [2013-07-15]
    Flash ID Code: 45DE9892 - SanDisk [TLC]

Can you please help me recover the data ? I'll appreciate it.

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. Digerati

Digerati Major Geek Extraordinaire

Me too!

4. helo1

helo1 Private E-2

Recuva not work bro.............

5. Digerati

Digerati Major Geek Extraordinaire

Then it is possible the device is too damaged and nothing will. Wise Data Recovery is also popular but don't hold your breath.

Note that flash drives have never been known as "robust" storage devices. They are too easily damaged or lost. Even sliding them in and out of pockets have been known to zap and destroy the data from a static discharge (always use the protective cap). Their purpose was to provide "temporary" storage while physically transporting a file from one location to another - like home to work. They should never be used as the single location for storing anything you are not prepared to lose.

Of course, this is not the same a destruction from malware but does show the need for multiple backups.

Not what you wanted to hear - sorry. But there it is.

Eldon likes this.
  6. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

7. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Eldon likes this.
  8. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

9. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

I tend to agree with Digerati. I think the flash drive is toast.

10. helo1

helo1 Private E-2

The used space disappeared after restoring the flash drive with the use of this https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0ByIph5ae0VAcY08xRlhrX0tPQ3c software. When looking at the properties by right clicking on the pen drive icon, the used space was visible (Super Hidden). But I restored the pen drive with the help of restore software. None of the data were able to be recovered and none of them are even visible.

11. helo1

helo1 Private E-2

12. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

If you used the utilities plodr linked you to and weren't able to recover your data, unfortunately, I think you can forget about it. There's nothing else we can suggest. Sorry.

13. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

As Digerati suggested the more back up is very important , you have to take two different back ups in two or three storages devices like usb pen or external hdd is think ;)

14. helo1

helo1 Private E-2

thanks........friends......

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds